Sunday, 21 September 2014

MOST USEFUL COMMON EXPRESSIONS IN ENGLISH

You can use these expressions in your daily life:


1. Twenty Four Seven (24X7) - (24X7-365)

Meaning: Every Minute Every Day

Example: 

> I have been working 24/7 on my short film.
          (A kind of an Exaggeration)

> You can access our website 24/7

2. Get the ball rolling

Meaning: Lets start now

> If you don't get the ball rolling on the application soon, you'll miss soon. 

3. Sleep on it

Meaning: THINK ABOUT SOME THING

> Before taking a decision, you must sleep on it.

> I will get back to you tomorrow. I will sleep on it.

(means -I will say my decision soon i have think about it once).

4. I am broke

Meaning: I have no Money

5. Like the back of my hand

Meaning: Knows much about something

> I know paris like the back of my hand.

6.  Give me a hand

Meaning: Helping

> would you give me a hand
  (can you help me)

7. In ages

Meaning: for a long time

> I haven't seen him in ages.
  (I haven't seen him for long time)

8. SICK & TIRED

Meaning: don't want to do any more

> I am sick & tired of doing assignments.


No comments:

Post a Comment